Shabbat, Holiday Childcare and Programming
Beth El offers programming and childcare on each Shabbat and holidays for children ages 2 through 4th grade. This program takes place 52 weeks a year from 9:00 am until the end of services free of charge and without prior reservation. Children celebrate Shabbat with stories, games, and snack. Children ages 2 through 4th grade may play in the Victor Hall from 12:00 – 1:00 pm, and we will provide supervision.
Beth El Synagogue houses the Shirley R. Abelson Aleph Preschool, a licensed pre-school with state certified teachers and assistant teachers. Children, age 16 months through 5 years, are eligible to be part of one of the Twin Cities’ most vibrant Jewish preschools. As a school part and parcel to the Beth El community, it is our goal to see each child as an individual and recognize their many gifts and talents. By doing this, we can help all students reach and exceed their potential growth and unique goals. We believe that this is the foundation on which cognitive development and a life long love of learning is based. For more information about the Aleph Preschool, please visit our school website.
For those families with children not yet old enough for the preschool, we offer an Early Childhood Jewish Family Education (ECJFE) program. ECJFE seeks to provide young families with a community of support to:
- Meet other families raising Jewish children and be part of an instant support network
- Share parenting celebrations and challenges
- Experience developmentally appropriate activities
- Discuss relevant parenting topics
- Discover ways to strengthen your home as first learning environment
- Develop realistic attitudes and expectations for raising children
- Learn exciting ways to integrate Judaism into your family and MUCH more!
For more information, contact Aleph Preschool office at 952.873.7312 or email@example.com